Swipe for More -->
Do You Have an Alcohol or Drug Problem?
Please answer the questions below:
- Do you generally use alcohol or drugs more than once a week?
- On the days when you use alcohol and/or other drugs, do you usually have three drinks/doses or more?
- Do you get intoxicated on alcohol or other drugs more than four times a year? (You're intoxicated if you use so much that you can't function safely or normally or if other people think that you can't function safely or normally.)
- Have you ever felt like you should cut down on your drinking or drug use?
- Do other people express concern for your drinking or drug use, or are they annoyed by it or say that you have a problem?
- Do you ever do things while using alcohol or other drugs that you regret, or that make you feel ashamed or guilty?
- Do you think you might have a substance abuse problem because of your drinking or drug use?
- Have you ever been arrested for a DUI or for using an illegal substance?
- Do you ever use alcohol or other drugs for longer periods of time than you intended?
- Have you ever been unable to stop when you planned to stop?
- Have you ever had a desire or tried to cut down or control your alcohol or other drug use and not been successful in doing what you intended?
- Have you ever failed to meet a major life responsibility because you were intoxicated, hung over, or in withdrawal?
- Do you ever give up work, social, or recreational activities because of alcohol or other drug use?
- Have you ever continued to use alcohol or other drugs even though you knew they were causing you physical, psychological, financial or social problems, or making these problems worse?
- Have you ever used alcohol or other drugs to keep you from getting sick the next day, or to make a hangover go away?
Answering yes to three or more indicates a problem with alcohol and/or drug addiction.